Summer Housing Terms and Conditions
By applying for summer housing, applicants agree to the following:
- I authorize Chicago Apartment Finders (CAF) and/or a representative of the landlord to check my credit, criminal
record, employment and rental history and share that information with the property owner and/or representative of the landlord.
- I understand that I am applying for and accepting this unit on an "as is" basis in its current condition. If repairs are needed in the future requests should be submitted directly to the landlord.
- I understand that, prior to the review of my application, I must submit a $200 holding fee along with any other applicable fees (i.e. credit card charges),
in order to hold the unit during the review of my application. Failure to submit these funds, regardless of reason, will remove my application from consideration until the funds are received.
- I understand that should my application be accepted a signed lease and the balance of the lease's rent, less the $200 holding fee, is due two weeks prior to the lease's start date. I understand that failure
to submit the signed lease and/or pay the rent balance by this time will result in the dissolution of the lease and the forfeiture of the $200 holding fee
- I understand that the payment(s) being made by me is entirely non-refundable except where:
In all other instances the holding fee will be retained in its entirety by CAF as liquidated damages, it being
understood that such amount is a reasonable measure of damages for the unit being removed from the market and is not a penalty.
- The unit for I applied for is unavailable (i.e. already rented). In which case, I shall receive a full refund of my payment(s) made to CAF.
- The application is not accepted. In which case, I shall receive a full refund of my payment(s) made to CAF.
- The apartment approval process requires my cooperation. Failure to
shall constitute a default and shall result in forfeiture of all monies previously paid to CAF.
Failure to comply with such requests within 72 hours shall be deemed a default.
- Remit the balance of any partial payment owed to CAF
- Provide any additional information or documentation required by CAF as a part of the approval process
- Consent to non-material differences between the listing agreement and the actual lease
- Execute a written lease agreement or submit any remaining balance
- I understand that I am applying for a dormitory style building in which I will have to share a bedroom and/or apartment with other
applicant(s). I understand that a request for a "private bedroom" does not necessarily indicate a private apartment, meaning I may
still have at least one roommate with their own room.
- CAF will consider all applicant requests, including but not limited to prearranged roommates or the request for a private bedroom.
CAF cannot guarantee roommate placement nor hold availabilities for roommates.
CAF does not discriminate in the sale, rental and/or financing of dwellings on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, age, familial status, marital status, parental status,
handicap, disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, transsexual status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, source of income or any legally protected class.